Everybody is ecstatic to know about their future but how many of us believe in astrology? It is said that “There is no logic behind your beliefs but it sure makes a difference.” Believing in this concept is almost like people believing in God. For some it is true but for some, it happens to be just a business. Very less of us know that astrology is a most popular system of prediction used extensively and widely all over the world. It is used from ancient times. The person who is expert in practicing it is called an astrologer or astrologist. Astrologers cast the horoscope by understanding the change in the positions of planets & sign of the Zodiac at a particular time and place. It is the study of how the star’s positions and the movements of the planets have the impact on the events and on the lives and behavior of the people.
Institute of Vedic Astrology Indore reviews the 12 houses in a horoscope help the astrologer to predict about various incidents of the life of an individual that has happened or are going to happen.
The reason behind why we can’t see our future is may be because we can’t change it. What have to happen will happen but it is always easier to face it when you have little idea about it and this is how astrology works. Surprisingly, people generally think that if good times are ahead, they can sit idle and they don’t have to do anything. But that is wrong. When an astrologer indicates that there is smooth life ahead, it is not the time to take it easy but one should rather work harder, who knows the cycle may change. So, a wise astrologer advises his client to maintain and increase his momentum even in the good times.
It is not a rocket science. It can be learned and experienced. The Institute of Vedic Astrology, Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi is the way to learn it. Any change in stars or planet definitely affects our lives because it is related to us. For example, when there is any eclipse it is believed that you should not eat anything. The change in the comets during any eclipse makes our digestion system weaker than our regular system and it is advised not to eat anything at that time. Because of this, some intensive spiritual people choose to avoid eating and believe in the practice of fasting during an eclipse.
Prediction is not a lie but the fact that people not having knowledge about it make it illogical. The more you learn about anything the more you have faith in it.
In Indian culture, the most followed form of astrology is ‘Vedic Astrology’. It refers to Indian or Hindu astrology, a system that originated in ancient India. It is also known as “Jyotish Shastra” – the science of light- the ideology is related with patterns of stars that are thought to determine our destiny. It is a vital part of our Vedic teachings as it portrays Vedic knowledge. They are also termed as Hindu and Indian astrology.
The base plot of this category says all things are linked. Our ‘Karma’ is identified by a predetermined cosmic design. We are born at a much defined time and place, specifically when all the conditions related to our birth perfectly matches with environment, like the flowers bloom at certain times when all conditions are perfectly compatible. Same goes with our births on this planet, says the theory of ‘Karma’.
Vedic versus western prediction
The Vedas are the most sacred writings to be known. One can say probably, over 5000 years old. The huge ocean of Vedic knowledge consist both material and spiritual knowledge. It is said that thousand years ago this knowledge had been revealed by the Lord Krishna to the Rishis. It is still available in the original form and slowly the cultures like Babylonian, Chinese, Persian, Greek, also accepted the practice. The main differences between two are following:
|1||It is based upon the actual stars, each having a different story and a different meaning attached to it.||It is based on the orientation of Earth to sun.|
|2||It is based on a very old, ongoing tradition lasting from thousands of years. It is very strong and vigorous technique with inherited knowledge collected many years.||It has a much-mixed history. It has existed for only about 130 years since the 19th century and also does not possess the advantage of an ongoing tradition.|
|3||It is, being a supplement to the Vedas, is thoroughly dipped into Vedic thoughts. This means that the practitioner of the Veda must have lived the life of a Brahmana, to do such practices.||In this the practitioner has no training, nor does he know that what it means to follow a spiritual discipline because the technique is not as old as Vedic.|
Astrology as a language
An astrologer studies the signs, houses, stars, planets and the effects of them and this is how they understand the language of the stars. By studying the charts based upon the planets, signs and houses, an astrologer can gather a lot of information about any individual.
Likewise any other language it also has its grammar in the form of the charts which is further categorized into elements like houses, signs, polarities, nakshatras, etc, but this is a more complicated one as compared to others. To understand it in a better way, let us consider the following very casual meanings of the planets and houses. The meanings given here are only to give a quick glance at as many complete books have been written about all the given planets.
The planets represent the following:
- Sun:This represents to be as the ‘King’ of the planets. This planet is very powerful and if in any case, it is unfavorable in one’s kundli it may affect the person negatively. The reason behind we do “Surya Namaskar” in morning is to grab that positivity and power from it. It is related to our Soul, prestige, health, heart, general well-being, father, royalty favor, etc.
- Moon: also called “Chandra”in the language of Sanskrit is said to be a planet closest from earth. It goes good with Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and worst with Ketu, Rahu and Saturn. It is related to the heart, understanding, sensitivity, emotions, happiness, travel, facial luster, mother, etc. It represents to be as the ‘Queen’ of the planets.
- Mars: also called “Mangal”in the language of Sanskrit is said to be the leader of all planets. The most daring, passionate, courageous people are ruled by this planet. It is also named as ‘Bhoomi-Putra’. It is related to Stamina, desire, diseases, enemies, opposition, controversies, weapons, younger brother, commander of an army, immovable properties, relations, etc.
- Mercury:also called “Budha” in the language of Sanskrit is said to be ‘The messenger of gods’. People with strong mercury can create humor with their mental and speaking skills. It is related to Intelligence, education, learning, mathematics, logic, writing, publishing, dancing, a mixture of things, testing of precious stone, charms, friends, etc.
- Jupiter:also called “Brihaspati” in the language of Sanskrit is the most positive planet. It is also called as ‘Fortuner’. It is related to wisdom, marriage, corpulence, devotion to God, ancestors and superior beings, holy places, scriptures, benevolence, wealth, religion, sons, preceptors, fruit, respect, etc.
- Venus:also called “Shukra” in the language of Sanskrit is the brightest planet. It is related to Love, spouse, luxury, romance, sexual matters, musicians, singing, actors, ornaments, jewelry, expensive cars, flowers, beauty, drama, buying and selling, cows, friendship, etc.
- Saturn:also called “Shani” in the language of Sanskrit is a very debatable planet. It is related to longevity, life, death, calamities, poverty, livelihood, disease, learning of sciences and foreign languages, debts, sorrows, minerals, oils, slavery, servants, jails, theft, slums, malice, lameness, grief, etc.
- Rahu: There is no shape or size of body of this planet. This is just a shadow planet. Rahu gives sudden problems whether related to health or work. It is related to harsh speech, gambling, movement, traveling, foreigners, snakes, theft, wickedness, skin diseases, hiccoughs, loss of reputation, etc.
- Ketu: Like Rahu, Ketu also does not have any shape or size of body. The planet signifies Moksha or liberation. It is related to consumption, fever, pain, wound, witchcraft, horned animals, dog, salvation, cock, philosophy, etc.
The above planets work as a language to the astrologer and make it easy for him to predict the time.
Houses under Jyotish Shastra
The next most important thing to know about is the 12 “Houses” which are called “Bhavas” or the 12 “Zodiac Signs” which are called “Rashis” in Jyotish Shastra, respectively. The concept goes like this:
When the earth rotates at its axis, the Rashi as called as zodiac sign are going to ascend on the sky on the eastern horizon of the earth, which becomes visible in the sky, and descend on the opposite horizon which goes invisible again at a specified location in the earth. For example, when a person is born, or an event has begun, one of those Rashi will be rising on the former.
The horizon which is intersected by the point of sign is called the Ascendant or Lagna, termed as to be the “First house” and the other Rashis to ascend after that is the consecutive 12 houses.
Meaning of the houses
- The first house, (Tanur)
This house is also called the Lagna or ascendant. It represents the self-identity and the character of a person and his personality. It may also affect the birth of a child as it relates to the beginning.
- The second house, (Dhana)
It represents to the valuable things and objects whether its money, jewelry, gems, one’s bank accounts, etc. In terms of the body, it affects our face, taste, neck, throat, smell, mouth, and teeth, tongue, nails, etc.
- The third house, (Bratri)
This house represents the desires and courage, our ambitions towards something, motivations we get from, relationship with brothers and sisters and close friends. It is also the house of expressions and communication- talking, gadgets, etc
- The fourth house, (Matri or Sukha)
This house represents our parents particularly motherhood, the earth, one’s education, other properties like houses, land, cattle, real estate, inner life, etc.
- The fifth house, (Putra)
It represents the capacity to have children, the relationship with them and their well-being, writing and artistic creativity. It is an important house to understand our “Ishta Devta” or the other form of Go, that with whom a person is naturally connected.
- The sixth house, (Shatru)
It is called the house of enemies, difficulties, routines, obstacles, diseases, hard work, debts, fitness, and diet, etc.
- The seventh house, (Kaletra)
It is called as a “Kama” house, related to the marriage, sexual desires and passions, and the desire to have strong relationships.
- The eighth house, (Ayur or Mrityu)
This house is quite mysterious. It represents mysteries, death, sex, and longevity. It is also related to transformation, real estate, and mental well-being.
- The ninth house, (Dharma)
This house covers religion, expansion, dharma, one’s good actions, languages, good karma, moral and ethics, wisdom, broadcasting, higher values, higher education, philosophy, luck, interest in teaching, risk, spreading knowledge, etc.
- The tenth house, (Karma)
The 10th house represents our actions and our way of work in this life. It is related to the discipline, boundaries, success or failure in our career, awards, natural vocation, prestige, and recognition in our work, etc.
- The eleventh house, (Labha)
The 11th house is called the ‘House of benefit’. The planets placed in the 11th house rules teams, give good results, surprises, social justice, etc.
- The twelfth house, (Vyaya)
This is last and final house and it completes the zodiac. It is also called the house of loss, surrender, detachment, letting go, etc. It is concerned with jail, hospital or society. If this house and its ruler are unfavorable it can cause separation, material loss, loneliness, depression, isolation, imprisonment, addictions, loss of dear ones, etc. Institute of Vedic Astrology Indore reviews the significance of the Karma and its relation to Vedic Astrology.
It is hard to evident that astronomy is true or logical but there is definitely some power which affects our lives due to the changes in the planets and any person who can understand that can surely predict what is going to happen next.